Amsterdam hotels- budget boutique

Hi there, I’m going to Amsterdam for first time finally in March! Any recommendations for areas to stay/not stay and hotels that are lovely but on a budget as I’ll need a room just for me. rates so often by room that rack up for singles! If time any restos/ places to go/culture tips amazing (seen a few on other threads) xxx

1 Like

The ED Amsterdam in Old West is fun and affordable, as is Max Brown Hotel Museum Square which is more central, near the Rijksmuseum.

1 Like

Thanks so much I’ll take a look! Really appreciate it x

1 Like

I went in Dec and stayed in the INK hotel which was really nice - may not be the most budget friendly, but sharing in case as we all liked it (group of x7). Would also recommend the Foodhallen food market for lots of different cuisine stands / drinks etc. Saint Jean for incredible, plant-based pastries. Also nice to go to a ‘brown cafes’ (old fashioned pubs). We also went to a great Italian for dinner which had a really nice buzzy vibe called Dal Pagliaccio.

1 Like

Thank you so very much!! Great tips and I’ll definitely be trying them. Hotels seem staggeringly expensive for ven basic ones… the hunt continues! Xxxx

We went over NYE and stayed at the Monet Garden Hotel which all 12 of liked. I went based off another recommendation and would definitely recommend this to others. Its clean and modern as an opposed to many other hotels. It’s a good location, 15/20 minute walk to places.

1 Like

Hi! I live in Amsterdam and would recommend 9 streets, Jordaan, Oud West or De pijp to stay as good areas away from the tourist traps and red light district. Hotels are crazy expensive but I would recommend checking secrest escapes for deals on nice places. The Volks hotel, Hotel De Hallen, Morgan and Mees and Hotel Roemer are all good options.
If you need any restaurant or bar recommendations I have a list below :slight_smile:
Cafe Binnenvisser
Canvas at Volks Hotel
Volare
Gertrude
Lottis at the Hoxton
Twee Prinsen
Dilettante
Oficina
Glou Glou
Cafe Caron
Bar Centraal
Bar Pif