Baby gift suggestions please

Please can I have some suggestions for a gift for a friends new baby (girl) and also for them as first time parents? I wanted to get them something they could keep that is special, or that would be useful. Not a parent myself yet so don’t know what is most valuable in those early days. Thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Alice,

https://www.allaboutthebump.co.uk/ have some nice gifts. I’ve bought a few bits from here and it’s been well received x

We were gifted a personalised Moet tin box with my daughter’s name - think it came from Clos19 - such a cool gift and looks fab in her nursery. We were also gifted a wooden memory box with her name, date of birth, weight etc, which was really thoughtful.

Avoid teddies and blankets - they’re the go to gift and you end up with more than you could ever use !

I really appreciated clothes that were 3-6 months onwards as you get given a lot for when they’re tiny, and also really appreciated when someone had thought about what season it would be when she hit that age.

Cook vouchers - or similar - are a great gift for parents. Don’t buy them flowers, they’ll be busy trying to keep baby alive and don’t need the added pressure of a bouquet !

Another vote for a cooks order. We always purchase them for new parents and when our time came it was reciprocated and it’s honestly so helpful as you want to eat healthy food, but you really don’t have the time or energy to prepare them.

I also vote for gifts that are needed in the near future as they’ll get so many things for this newborn stage and then have to buy everything for the next stages. Vests up to 1yr old, weaning products (silicone spoons, bibado bib, silicone baby ice cube trays).

Other useful gifts: electric baby nail trimmer, car mirror, nappies and wipes(check the brand they like), baby bath, silicone jug for washing the baby, teething toys. I also asked family to pay for my baby classes as they can be quite expensive and it’s nice to build memories.

Thank you I will check it out :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much - very much appreciate the helpful advice

Thank you so much for all the advice and help really appreciate it!

Hi Alice
I don’t know how much you want to spend, but I have always thought these bowls and cutlery sets are a lovely gift idea - useful and will last.

Check out the Unicorns, the Princess Fairies or even the Woodland Party…
Or you could go gender non-specific with Bears and Balloons , On the Farm or even Space.
Let’s not set any limits to a girl’s aspirations!