Best restaurants in central London for private birthday dinner

Hello currently looking for a restaurant/private dining room for birthday dinner in Central London with great food and interiors. Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Ochre at the National Gallery has a lovely PDR, and Brunswick House has just opened a really cool space in its basement for something atmospheric.

We also wrote a feature on the best in London here - hope this helps!

1 Like

The guide helped me find a new private dining space at Casa do Frango Heddon Street. We’d been using the same ones for some time so this came at the perfect time to find some new blood so to speak!

2 Likes

I can also recommend a few places in the Soho area and a few around St Martins/the Strand but I tend to look at smaller venues of around 10-25. Do let me know if it would be helpful to post some recommendations in those areas and at that size.

1 Like

The Library at The Frog is great in Covent Garden Frog by Adam Handling Restaurant Covent Garden

1 Like

Quo Vadis in Soho is excellent! They have two different rooms depending on sizes.

1 Like

I’ve been to birthday’s in the below, and all have been a lot of fun!

x

2 Likes

Yes please much appreciated

Bancone, Covent Garden (Italian, fresh pasta) sharing platters, family style… highlight is the handkerchief pasta with walnut butter & confit egg yolk. Private dining room upstairs.

1 Like

I booked the mezzanine at Wild by Tart for a private dinner recently, it is a lovely space that is above the restaurant so you have privacy but also the buzz and atmosphere from below. The food was delicious as always, there isn’t a charge for the space just a minimum spend that worked out as quite reasonable per head.

They were also so accommodating and allowed me to decorate/table scape myself which I loved.
https://www.wildbytart.com/private-hire

1 Like