Book recommendation

Looking for a few easy beach read recommendations please! x

3 Likes

If you’re after one big book that will keep you going throughout your holiday, I’d go for anything by Marian Keyes (Grown Ups is a meaty one to get into on a sunlounger), anything by Curtis Sittenfeld (I love An American Wife) or anything by Ann Patchett (I love The Dutch House). All the Emily Henry books are fun – there’s even one called Beach Read – Amazon.co.uk

1 Like

Thanks Heather!

I just finished Cleopatra and Frankenstein - such an easy and fantastic read.

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah is also incredible, it’s the kind of book I wish I had read on holiday! x

LOVED The Dutch House, too!

1 Like

Anything by Taylor Jenkins Reid!

1 Like

I will never stop recommending Still Life by Sarah Winman, I adored this book

1 Like

Cleo & Frankenstein is SO good. Me, Georgina and Tor were all comparing notes!

2 Likes

If you are looking for a book you will not put down, really recommend The Power - it has just been made into a TV series . The Villa, It Ends with Us and The Island of Missing Trees at all must reads in my opinion.

1 Like

I agree that Marian Keyes is a wonderful holiday companion but would recommend Rachel’s Holiday and the sequel Rachel Again. You will laugh, cry, fall in love with the Walsh sisters and cry again.
A completely different writer I’ve recently discovered is Benjamin Meyers. Everything I’ve read of his is sublime.

Really Good Actually by Monica Heissey is a great holiday read, so well written and profound but also so funny as you work your way through. Would really recommend if you’re a fan of Helen Fieldings Bridget Jones books

Loved this book, still think about it often!

Romantic Comedy by Curtis Sittenfeld!

1 Like

Oh so many!!!
I’m currently reading American Dirt- it’s excellent.
An ultimate favourite is life after life by Kate Atkinson.
Anything by Taylor Jenkins Reid. If you like sci-fi The Wool trilogy was amazing.
The cult faves- where the crawdads sing, thousand splendid suns, tattooist of auschwitz, olive Kettridge.
All the young men by Ruth Coker Burks was superb. Shuggie Bain. The Vanishing Half. the Underground Railroad, a the Thursday murder club, magpie…. I COULD GO ON AND ON :rofl::rofl:

Is this good? it’s on my list! x

I’m about 75% through it and love it! Won’t give anything away but it’s witty, the characters are brilliantly written and very likeable, you get a taste of the world of New York showbiz/TV…highly recommend!

1 Like

I read Everything I Know About Love by Dolly Alderton in about 2 days and I am not a reader! So feel good :slight_smile:

Echo Taylor Jenkins Reid are perfect holiday go to - I love Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.
Also Lessons in Chemistry is excellent.

Sounds great, I need to get involved!

I have just finished Sorrow and Bliss by Meg Mason, wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I did. Read it so quickly

1 Like