Contraception

I’m really struggling with all types of contraception… I didn’t get on with the pill, I currently have the mirena coil but find it can be uncomfortable at times, and the implant cringes me out too much! Does anyone track their cycle naturally using body temperature, and do they have advice on this? Any websites, articles, videos etc that would be useful.

2 Likes

Hi, yes I use Natural Cycles to track mine.
I have been using it for over a year now and really rate it. You purchase their thermometer (think its about £15ish) and just take your temperature first thing each morning, log it in the app (see pic) and it will figure out your cycle for you with ‘green days’ and ‘red days’. Super easy and simple and they do have some useful article’s to read up on too!
Hope that helps a little. x

1 Like

Thank you, that really does help. I’ll look at some articles on Natural Cycles and purchase their thermometer x

Have a look at Ovusense - their internal sensor (worn overnight) is super accurate and removes the faff of having to take your temperature every morning. It’s very accurate and gives you really interesting insights into your cycle. There is a good Facebook community too x

2 Likes

I’ve tracked my cycle naturally my whole life. I went on the pill for 20 days at 18 and felt it mess with my body straightaway. I started tracking my cycle in my diary for years before apps like natural cycles, flo etc and then I used a regular thermometer for years to track basal body temp. I invested in the “Daysy”Fertility Tracker last year and it’s been really good for tracking my fertile days. I also note all my physical symptoms, so ovulation occurs on average around day 14 of the cycle, but I always ovulate around day 10/11 which I know through the change in my cervical mucous (start monitoring the natural change in discharge/mucous; it’s an egg white consistency at ovulation) and then temp raises slightly after ovulation has occurred, so I know I have around a 5 day fertile window there. I’m in my late thirties and no pregnancy scares, but it does take effort to really get to know the rhythm of your own body. You can even note the way your shape of your body, boobs and face change throughout the cycle to determine where you are. It’s a really worthwhile endeavour and super empowering when you can pinpoint ovulation and know when your next period will arrive! Hope this helps! :white_heart:

3 Likes

Great words of wisdom here! I have also heard really good things about the Daysy tracker x

This is really useful, thank you so much! I’ll have a look into Daysy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like