Do you know the best of the best in Sydney?

A longtime SL fan and reader, I have recently moved to Sydney and whilst I now feel v.far from the UK SL life, I thought I would pop a comment on here for any tips/recommendations that fellow SL readers may have for the city (& Australia in general) x

1 Like

Welcome! Im a Brit and have lived here for 7 years, its the best. Favourite restaurants:
Bondi: Ikaria, Calita, Brown Sugar
Breakfast: M Deli, The Depot, The Shop
All over Sydney: Hubert, Franca, Tequila Mockingbird

Get up early and get to the beach before work: you’ll wonder why you didn’t move here sooner!

2 Likes

I lived in Sydney (N. Bondi) for 7 years before moving back to the UK a few years ago - you’ll have the best time. I second @em_rucker recommendation’s - I knew the people who ran The Depot well, it’s so good there. If it’s a special occasion, go to Sake (in the Rocks) and eat sushi as much as you can, it’s nothing like the stuff we get over here and I miss it every day! Stay on the hawkesbury river & hire a boat. If you’re heading out of sydney for the day head to the boathouse on palm beach. Or down south to Hyams beach - there’s not much around there, but the sand is the whitest you’ll ever see. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Cafe Sydney is a lovely spot - reserve a table outside with a view of the Opera House and the Bridge.
Phamish in Darlinghurst is delicious.
Centennial park is a lovely place for a walk and a coffee.
A skydive on Noosa beach is well worth it!
Spend the weekend in the Blue Mountains when the weather turns cooler.
Bowral and Berrima are also really nice places in the winter for a weekend away.
And you MUST go on a wine tour of the Hunter Valley.
Have fun x

1 Like