Everyday base

Looking for a lightweight but polished everyday base for work, starting at 6/7 am so need something relatively foolproof also. Tried the it cosmetics cc and really like it however I find can go slightly patchy during the day. Any recos /advice welcome!

1 Like

I like this Rose Inc one - Skin Enhance Luminous Tinted Serum – Rose Inc
Lightweight but buildable x

1 Like

I absolutely LOVE this: Summer Fridays Sheer Skin Tint 30ml (Various Shades) | Cult Beauty

Only thing is, it’s quite sheer but with concealer on top, you get the dewiest, healthiest-looking skin - it’s the best

1 Like

this one by YSL is really impressive - it has enough coverage to actually cover up any uneven tone & allows you to build up where needed, but it also feels super lightweight. It’s a skincare infused formula too which means it’s boosted with lots of fab ingredients that’ll also liven up your skin and keep it hydrated throughout the day.

1 Like

Kiko BB cream
Is my best unkept secret!

2 Likes

Estée Lauder Doublewear Sheer long wear SPF20 is really good and does last most of the day.

1 Like

I use and love the Charlotte Tilbury wonder glow face primer. Gives a bit of ‘lift’ to the skin but very natural looking.

2 Likes

I use Chanel CC cream - and love it

2 Likes

Another vote for the Chanel CC cream. I’ve also been loving the Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin foundation. I’d say both are quite comparable to the IT cosmetics.

1 Like

I’d recommend the eborian cc crème (purple tube) or the shisedo sheer foundation Is lovely but not loads of coverage. the Estée Lauder sheer double wear is nice and glowy. For a light but v long wearing concealer I’d deffo recommend shisedo and their oil free foundation is 10/10 , great coverage, long lasting & not heavy at all :smiling_face:

1 Like

I think the Chanel CC cream is a great choice but limited in shades and has more peachy undertones. If you have a more golden undertone then I recommend the YSL Nu Bare Look Tint. I tend to use the CC cream when I’m more tanned and can pull off the peachy undertones but the YSL is my usual day to day. Both have a similar level of coverage but I would say the YSL leaves you slightly dewier than the Chanel CC.

A good alternative for blemish skin is the La Roche Posay tinted Effaclar Duo +. Can be slightly drying but helps to treat blemishes while covering them up so a real win win!

1 Like

If you haven’t tried the Dior face and body foundation, I highly recommend it. It is buildable from sheer to medium coverage, has a great shade range and has a dewy (non greasy) finish. I have combination skin, absolutely love this and it’s been a long time favourite of mines.

Other recommendations look great too.

1 Like

I love the Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint - very lightweight and lasts all day!

I love the C Tilbury flawless filter - so lightweight, but with some concealer it’s fab!

Another vote of CT beautiful skin!

1 Like

I use Charlotte Tilbury’s Wonder Glow Face Primer (£40) and then Bobbi Brown’s stick foundation (£37) which I apply with fingers and a brush respectively. Easy to put on and gives a lovely glow with minimal coverage. Several people have commented on how ‘fresh’ my skin looks (even when I feel knackered!)

1 Like

I love the Laura Mercier tinted moisturisers. Lots of different shades and also can pick between the original formula or for oily skin.

1 Like

I really love Doll 10 tinted primer - it’s very lightweight,goofproof and not greasy. Also for more coverage the doll 10 smooth assist foundation looks fantastic as you only need a tiny amount and it looks like real skin in natural light. The tarte hydro conceal concealer is beautiful for under the eye. Doll 10 and Tarte can be purchased from QVC uk and if you hate them you can return for a refund even when used ( I love this option as my skin can be temperamental). I also really love the Authored tinted moisturiser and am at the end of my tube - another really natural finish. Authored only have a small selection of products but they are all fantastic and can be purchased independently on line.