Gifts for the Hosts

Staying at a friend’s holiday house for a long weekend. As a thank you for hosting, any tips for gifts that aren’t flowers or wine?

1 Like

A small gift hamper you curate might be nice! A few candles, some chocolate or sweets, a cute scarf or a book!

2 Likes

Some nice teatowels - i saw Ralph Lauren ones in TK Maxx

1 Like

We recently ran this article on gifts for hosts - I hope it helps!

1 Like

Also love the idea of a curated hamper - especially when it’s a spa version with little self care treats. Also if you’re looking for something smaller I like the idea of gifting a nice hand soap and lotion set - something that is always welcome and useful in a household, for example the classic Aesop set or the NEOM set is also lovely!

1 Like

I think personalised notelets are such a lovely gift Scallop Trim | Notecard Set | Papier or Rebecca Udall and Daylesford have lots of lovely home bits which would be fab for a host!! x

1 Like

I think glasses are always a lovely gift, as it’s something you don’t really want to splash out on for yourself! Royal Scot Crystal do amazing glassware https://www.royalscotcrystal.com/
Hope this helps xx

1 Like

I always find a nice gift idea is to buy something that they wouldn’t buy themselves, such as nice stationery, cute set of napkins, a statement dish or candle.

A recipe book is a nice touch if they’re a foodie, or glassware. I recently bought these pink stemless gin glasses for a friend https://www.oliverbonas.com/homeware/rosado-pink-stemless-gin-glasses-set-of-four-314959

I also received this candle as a gift and it smells heavenly Candles, diffusers and wax melts: The WYLDE MOON Home Fragrance Collection

You also can’t go wrong with anything from The White Company, who currently have a sale on

1 Like

I agree, personalised notecards are such a lovely thing to receive and something you wouldn’t buy yourself. Otherwise a set of bud vases is a nice idea - these ones are really pretty.

1 Like

I recently bought a friend some beautiful linen placemats from M&S which are the perfect gift for summer dining!

1 Like