Girls weekend in Madrid

Hello! Heading to Madrid this weekend for my birthday with a couple of friends, hoping for bar and quirky recommendations please! X

Hi Lily! Definitely check out this BTS video of when Charlotte and Lu visited Madrid earlier this year – it’s got loads of great recommendations!

1 Like

1862 is an iconic instution in Madrid for really classic cocktials, and Tupper Ware is a fun and quirky bar. I’d also recommend downloading the Step app to find other cool recs in your area.

1 Like

We loved this restaurant https://modemovimiento.com/
and The Edition’s rooftop was heaven

1 Like

Madrid is the best city for a girl’s break!
Head to Amazonico for cocktails & tapas (the original Amazonico & so so so much better than the London - so chic)
La Maquina on Calle de Jorge Juan is delicious, authentic but also modern Spanish food. Sexy bar, great atmosphere.
Shopping around Salamanca cannot be beaten! All the best shops, and the best Zara & Mango.
Platea Madrid is an amazing drinks & food market with live shows, the best food & cocktails.
Malasaña district is great for shopping, causal bars and finding hidden gems - head to Calle de Fuencarral is a good street to explore.

Have the best time! I’m so jealous!!

1 Like

I went to La Cocina de Frente at the weekend which was amazing! We had a long lunch with modern tapas dishes, wine and the most delicious desserts (flan and a cinnamon bread & butter pudding). The chefs are lovely and the atmosphere is buzzy but relaxed for long lunches. Perfect before a stroll around El Retiro.