Good shampoo recommendations

I like a shampoo that lathers, so my hair feels clean, without making it too weighed down or oily - any recommendations please?

1 Like

I can highly recommend the Louise Galvin shampoos. These products are made with ethical, environmentally friendly, and naturally derived ingredients. Plus she has a shampoo for thick or curly hair and one for fine hair. So it is specially tailored to what your hair needs.
I think if you go on the website skindays.com the shampoos are on sale right now.

2 Likes

I’ve been really enjoying Arkive haircare recently: ARKIVE THE ALL DAY EVERYDAY Shampoo 250ml - Boots Ireland

Founded by Adam Reed - former Percy & Reed co-founder - the formulas lather up well and leave your hair feeling clean with a bit of volume too. I also rate this one from L’Oreal: L'Oreal Paris Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo 400ml - Boots

It’s one of the best I’ve tried for boosting volume

2 Likes

I love pureology - really works for my fine hair

2 Likes

@lucy.crowther01_1943 my hairdresser recently recommended this to me & I love that it’s paraben free, but it’s not cheap so I’ve been putting off buying it - where do you get yours from?

1 Like

It really is brilliant, and if I happen to use other shampoo now, I really notice the difference. I have weak thin coloured hair and its worked a treat.
Well - sometimes you can luck out on Amazon when its on offer & TK Maxx, so keep an eye out. Or I wait for a discount code on Look Fantastic. But I never manage to get it cheaper than £30 for Shampoo and Conditioner.

2 Likes

Fab thanks Lucy, v helpful to have a ballpark - I have weak thick frizzy coloured hair, it definitely needs a lot of help! I’ll see if Amazon put it in their black friday sales …

1 Like

& the normal size bottles last me a couple of months and I wash my hair every other day. You really don’t need much at all.

2 Likes

I love beauty pie shampoos - their detox shampoo is really great!

1 Like

Thanks @lucy.crowther01_1943 ! … which one do you use?

Purple bottle - called Hydrate.

1 Like

I buy the salon sizes, they last forever (about a year anyway) think I’ve found them on All Beauty in the past x

1 Like

I buy the 1000ml sizes and they last forever!!

1 Like

I really like Davines and always buy it on offer from Cult Beauty. Lu our creative director uses it too, and she has fab hair! I like this one: NOUNOU Collection | Davines UK

2 Likes

Another fan of Pureology here! I’ve always managed to get it discounted (try Sephora, assuming they still stock it as I always got it at a good price on FeelUnique). You only need a tiny amount of shampoo as it lathers up so much, so I find the bottle lasts a while

1 Like

Yes I just brought from Sephora seems to be the cheapest around at the moment.

1 Like

I’ve tried so many over the past few years and the below few are my absolute favourites! (all for different reasons)

The OI Shampoo - Davines UK is a fab all rounder - great for coloured hair too and it smells AMAZING.

Ouai is also seriously hardworking and I usually add their Detox Shampoo into my wash routine once every 2 weeks to really clean out any build up. Their thick hair shampoo and conditioner are also really good too.

The Olaplex Bond Maintenance Shampoo is great if you need some intense repair and strength

Finally, Fekkai have a range of really kind to your hair. and always leaves my hair feeling soft and really clean - plus they smell so good. This one is great for coloured hair, and this one is fab for a glossy, sleek finish.

2 Likes

My hairdresser uses the LOVE range, quite affordable aswell!

2 Likes

Redken so soft is great, moisturising without weighing your hair down

1 Like

2nd the Olaplex Bonding Shampoo - it is really great!

2 Likes