Looking for a hotel in the UK for adults & grandchildren to celebrate a 70th

Hi I’d love some recommendations please for a hotel for 2 nights, somewhere 3 hours max from London that would work with 8 adults and 8 children for a 70th. End of Feb / March. Watergate Bay Hotel would be perfect, but it’s too far. Thank you!

1 Like

The Ickworth Suffolk is a great family-friendly hotel with lots of activities and plenty of space for kids. If you want to be by the sea, Blakeney Hotel in Norfolk has about 60 rooms along the north Norfolk coast, while The Gallivant in Rye is a fail-safe, affordable option!

1 Like

The Retreat at Elcot Park or Bibury Farm Barns although self catering. Pig on the beach? Gilpin? Gravetye? Lucknam Park is LOVELY - quite £££ delicious food and lovely self catering cottages so you can do a bit of both / feed children and leave them while you have dinner…

Calcot Manor Hotel, Tetbury is very well set up for adults and younger children. We went there for my father-in-law’s 70th (albeit a few years ago now). I think you do need to book time for the children in the swimming pool. Has some connecting rooms with bunk beds (and children listening service).