Magnesium Supplements

I have heard that Magnesium can help calm and regulate the mind in major ways and also for someone who ‘burns the candle at both ends’ - any recommendations of good supplement brands that don’t cost the earth?

I speak to lots of nutritionists and magnesium is the supplement pretty much everyone always recommends, whether it’s for sleep, digestion (so good for constipation), stress, exercise recovery, etc. I really rate Pure Encapsulations and it’s well priced. Just remember that there are lots of different types of magnesium - for example, I take magnesium glycinate, which is great for sleep and stress, but magnesium citrate, for example, is good for digestion. Avoid magnesium oxide! This is the cheap form that won’t do you any favours. x

2 Likes

I started taking Wild Nutrition Food-grown Magnesium about 10 days ago. 2 capsules a day provides 80mg of the NHS recommend 270mg a day for women aged 19 to 64. It’s still early days but I feel I’m sleeping better and there’s been some improvement in my general well-being. I’m also taking 2 capsules a day of their Daily Multi Nutrient 45+ which gives me an additional 30mg along with all the other good stuff in them. As for cost, I got 20% off my first order and then you get 10% off if you sign up for auto renew, which you can cancel at any time and change or skip deliveries. For me personally, it’s worth the cost so far even if it means a couple of bottles less wine or Prosecco in the monthly shop!!

2 Likes

I also love Wild Nutrition, agreed! Their supplements are food-state, which means the body recognises them so they are more efficiently absorbed. x

1 Like

I take the JS Health one’s and have been for about 6 months. I love them and have them on a subscription so I never run out.

I have heard good things about Wild Nutrition, thank you so much for this. Really appreciate your reply!

1 Like

I love wild nutrition too makes such a huge difference to my sleep! And without any of the nasties!

Second all the praise for Wild Nutrition. I’ve found their magnesium supplements have massively helped my sleep and energy levels.