Mature Beauty ( over 60's)

Best products fellow member recommend

Iā€™ve heard Sculpted by Aimee is really great for more mature skin, she even demoā€™s the same products she uses on herself on her mum and she looks really fab! Also Trinny London too x

There are so many good brands! I really rate Studio 10: https://studio10beauty.com/

The entire range is impressive and has such nice creamy textures. Also love Trinny Londonā€™s Miracle Blur for softly diffusing the skin and giving it more even tone: Miracle Blur - Lip and Line Filler - Trinny London

I still donā€™t think you can beat Clinique either - itā€™s full of reliable classics that always work hard and last forever

I bought my Mum (64!) a Beauty Pie membership for Christmas and she is loving it. They offer free virtual consultations with their make-up artists and skincare experts so you can work out which products are best for you and your skin tone. Plus, the products are fantastic quality and many are firm SL favourites. Otherwise, have a look at Chantecaille and Laura Mercier - the formulas are moisturising and great for more mature skin, x

My mum is late 50s and she really really love Trinny London products. Especially theseā€¦

1 Like

There are many different types of dermal fillers available, and the best one for you will depend on your individual needs and goals. Generally, hyaluronic acid fillers are the most popular and widely used, as they are safe and effective for a variety of aesthetic concerns. However, there are also collagen-based fillers, poly-L-lactic acid fillers, and calcium hydroxylapatite fillers that can be used to address specific issues. It is important to consult with a board-certified dermatologist to determine which type of dermal filler is best for you.
As for me personally, I am 67 years old and have been using dermal fillers for several years. The site I use now has juvederm for sale for anyone interested. Therefore, I can tell you that the injections helped me a lot.

Ideas for shorter hair styles for over 50s please- finding it hard to find a modern cut which doesnā€™t look as if Iā€™m trying too hard! Naturally white/gray now but still like to colour it blonde.

3 Likes

As long as there is bleach I will bleach my hairā€¦It took me to get to 60 before I cut my long hairā€¦its very expensive keeping it in shape ā€¦thats the troubleā€¦
Have a look at mineā€¦I call it the ā€œnews reader cutā€ā€¦see what you think and good luck x

1 Like

My hairdresser says that the cut is everything, and a good cut will even look great first thing in the morning! Not sure about mine, but your hair always looks fine in your jammies of a morning. Maybe itā€™s just the way we see ourselves. Your ā€˜no make-up, no-fussā€™ confident manner is infectious (if I can use that word), inspiring in any case.

Hi Jo - I love your show and your VLOG and Iā€™m so pleased to see you on Sheerluxe. Like you I am 67 and have good skin but ā€¦ can you recommend a good night time molisturiser?

3 Likes

Nadine Baggott introduced me to Retinolā€¦so I usually put that on at nightā€¦and serums during the dayā€¦The one moisturiser I LOVE since I interviewed her many years ago is Eve Lomā€™s TLC
Its got geraniumā€¦and is so calming
x

1 Like

Could you share the serum that Nadine recommended and you use now? (And big congrats on hosting the Sheer Luxe community) Love your you-tube vlog and found Sheer Luxe because of you!!

1 Like

Hi Jo, I would like to know your skincare products that you canā€™t live without on a daily basis for face and body as I also have mature dry skin? Thanks. Kim T

1 Like