Skincare for late 20s

Getting married in 18 months, and looking to start a skincare routine for first time properly at 27. Can anyone advise best steps and skincare?

2 Likes

Hello, I got married last year and used https://thefaceplanner.com/ in the lead up. It is a 3 month plan that strips back skincare routines to a few essential steps. The formulas are really gentle and I saw a huge difference in my skin. I also booked hydrafacials every other month from 6 months onward so you have plenty of time!

1 Like

I second hydrafacials, especially great if you want glowy and hydrated skin. For me the key is to use a gentle exfoliator regularly and then hydrate the skin properly so anything that is packed with hyaluronic acid is great!

If you’re just starting out with a skincare routine, a top tip would be to go super gentle and minimal.
I did the same thing during COVID and went in with way too many products - which only resulted in my skin getting worse!

I’d say focus on the 3 key steps for now which is: cleansing, moisturising and SPF.
Brands like CeraVe, Ren, Fresh Beauty, The Ordinary and Paula’s Choice are great for no-fuss products which can be super gentle but deliver real results. Once you start to build this up you could start introducing a few new bits like a toner or essence water and perhaps some acids.

I also second the point that hydration and keeping your skin barrier intact and nourished is is super important - so go for a moisturiser with hyaluronic acid if possible. I love this one: Dr.Jart+ Vital Hydra Solution Biome Water Cream 50ml | Cult Beauty

x

I’d recommend seeing on a finding a therapist you like about 12 months prior, my sister used Rhian Truman Therapies and she’ll make product recommendations and also create a skincare plan for you to get your skin into the best place pre wedding! She’s totally unbiased so she’ll pick the best products for you x

I agree with lots of the above! I also think good to get some solid advice for your individual needs. I recommend these two services:

Both offer personal, tailored advice and can set you on the right path ahead of your big day!