Smart-Casual Summer Interview Outfit Ideas

I’m looking for ideas for outfits to wear to a spring/summer PhD interview that is smart casual (not corporate attire). Ideally something which can be worn all day as will be travelling in it then sightseeing in London after!

1 Like

I’m going to preempt the SheerLuxe crowd by saying a suit! Go for a classic neutral colour like a white or cream in linen or cotton (there’s a Na-kd one the LuxeGirls all love) and wear with a tee and low heels for smart/casual. Just swap out the shoes for trainers for sightseeing xx

2 Likes

Ah good luck! I think a relaxed pair of tailored trousers with a chic belt, smart t-shirt and a low heel looks great and then can stick on some trainer after for the sightseeing :slight_smile:

Well I’m a dress girl and if it’s smart casual and that’s your preference, I think a dress and cropped jacket can look nicely pulled together and less corporate than a suit.

I am stalking this jumpsuit until it comes back in stock in my size. My sister recently wore it for meetings in NYC and it looked so chic IRL.

I’d go for a waistcoat + a tailored trouser and I’d pair them with a flat shoe like a loafer or mule plus lots of gold jewellery to give it a little more personality.

good luck!x