Waterproof coat/jacket

Hello, I’m looking for a stylish waterproof/shower resistant coat or jacket, something to wear to work but also when I do the school run. I’d go for a Barbour wax jacket but they don’t have a hood. Any recommendations? Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am loving wax jackets right now, I think long versions are going to be big this season. I like wearing one with a cap!

2 Likes

I recently came across this brand and they are brilliant - lightweight, neat, stylish and with a hood!

1 Like

I love Rains - they mix style and functionality perfectly.

https://www.matchesfashion.com/products/1546012?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=MF+|+GB+|+ENG+|+Shopping+|+Conversion+|+New+Customer&utm_content=1546012000005&utm_term=781464674806&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsp6pBhCfARIsAD3GZub2NjgRVm8g3JYS9kReaqASTiK-mxkAH2KabLmbkw4rvWwz2Dgbr84aAim1EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

x

2 Likes

Definitely rains, waterproof and chic all in one!

1 Like

Thank you! The trench coat is pretty much what I had in mind.

Not sure what’s available right now, but last few seasons Barbour had good waterproof coats that weren’t waxed. I got a 3/4 length, with a hood and also a waist belt which I liked. Living in Wales the waterproof element has definitely been tested!! :wink:

1 Like

I love this one Emma x

I really like my RAINS jacket - available in different lengths and if you size up you can fit winter woolies underneath but it’s light enough to wear in the summer for those inevitable showers x

1 Like

The brand ilse Jacobsen does some great stylish options

1 Like

I’ve got a Jack Murphy long hooded mac which is completely waterproof and nice styling. Not waxed so much more comfortable.

1 Like

Definitely go for a Rains jacket , I have a grey knee length with a hood (that is deep enough to cover full head -also have a dark navy one , also with hood but it is very long on me , think the sizes are unisex -I got S/M but very big on me , so tend to wear the shorter grey jacket . They do many different styles , you can’t go wrong . I can see others have also recommended Rains . Good luck .

Barbour do hoods on their jackets wax and waterproof and you won’t regret it i promise i have a quilted, a wax and a showerproof! i love the interantional range - bit more biker look

1 Like

I got this jacket from Boden and it’s been excellent on the school run. Unfortunately it looks almost sold out, but possibly there’s something else similar on the website? Worth a look.

https://www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/wells-waterproof-coat-navy/sty-u0155-nav

1 Like

Try Zara. I get mine from there

1 Like

https://it.weekendmaxmara.com/cappotti-e-giacche/piumini

They have a good selection of waterproof jackets. Check them out!

1 Like

I have this one from joules which is waterproof with a hood- it has a Barbour style collar which makes it look slightly smarter so can get away with it for commute to work etc. this colour is out of stock on their website but they have it in green and you may be able to find others similar!

1 Like
1 Like