Wearing oversized trend if Petite?

Everything in the shops appears to be oversized now and at 5’2 with slight curves, I can’t for the life of me figure out how to wear these things without looking like a sack of potatoes. Am I missing something or is it just not to meant be?

1 Like

I’m a fellow petite lady! I think if you’re wearing oversized on top, don’t go too wide on the bottom. Likewise if you’re going wide on the bottom, opt for something more fitted on the top. It’s nice to show your waist so try and do a front tuck which elongates your legs too. Lots more places offering petite these days which is great. I’ve just seen Whistles has launched petite today so that might be worth a look too.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Yep, I think people ‘say’ they follow the trend but nobody is ‘average sized’. So you can follow the spirit of a trend and make it better. Lots of shop bought stuff should be (immo) taken to a tailor/dry cleaners for taking in, taking up, shortening. It will make you feel better when you look in the mirror and see the difference.

1 Like

Definitely either top of bottom oversized but not both together for me (5’1”). I find it important to get the shoulders fitting nicely and then any volume of top below works fine.

1 Like