Weekend away locations - Europe

Hey,

This is a super broad question but my husband and I are looking to go away for 2 nights. Looking maybe July, we love to sightseeing and are fine with hot weather. Would love a smaller town/less tourists but open for anything really. Any recommendations? Thank you

1 Like

I cannot recommend Rovinj, Croatia more - I went for 3 days and the food is unreal and its still fairly non-touristy compared to the rest of Croatia like Split, Dubrovnik etc.

1 Like

I’m going to Granada, Spain, in June for two nights – looking forward to it! Would also love to visit Seville.

Otherwise, Rome is doable over two nights!

1 Like

I recently went to Geneva - it’s beautiful and not hugely busy (well I certainly found in comparison to London). Apparently in the summer it’s even more gorgeous and the lake is crystal clear. We did a day trip on the coach to Chamonix where they have an amazing spa called QC Terme and the village itself was beautiful (even if you don’t ski!!) x

1 Like

Also Annecy is meant to be beautiful and easy to get to. I had to fly home so sadly missed doing the trip with my friend but it looked lovely x

1 Like

Lucca (Italy) is absolutely stunning and there’s lots to do/see/eat (!) as you are in the heart of Tuscany. Such a gorgeous city to explore.

San Sebastian is also a great long weekend option - you have the beach, incredible restaurants, culture and exploring on your doorstep. We hired a car and drove into France to Saint Jean de Luz which was lovely.

x

2 Likes

I loved Lucca too! Will be hot in July but easier to manage since it’s a bit less popular than Florence etc. I haven’t been but heard great things about Porto, too for this kind of trip!

2 Likes

San Sebastian is one of my favourite places!
I lived in Bilbao (about an hour from San Sebastian), which is a great city for a weekend. It’s not very big so it’s easy to see it all, and very walkable but you can get the metro to the beach or hike to the mountains straight from the city.

Also, loved Bologna in Italy! Again not very big but beautiful, great food and interesting sightseeing spots.

2 Likes