Wellness Q: Immunity help!

Need to up my immunity as I keep catching colds and getting ill. Other than getting a flu jab or additional vaccinations etc I’d love to know some tips for beating this and improving my immunity. I’d love some tried and tested recs for Vitamins/Supplements etc (preferably not too ££ but I am willing to invest a little!) and also any foods/natural remedies or small changes I could be making that may help? xx

2 Likes

Whenever I start to feel a cold coming on, I take echinacea drops. Its a natural remedy to help with colds/coughs etc, but I find it works much better than any over the counter medicine!
I use these: https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/a-vogel-echinaforce-echinacea-drops-6100153564

Tor recommended these and they are brill! Always 3 for 2, or BOGOF / half price offers at Holland & Barrett. https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/unbeelievable-health-bee-prepared-max-strength-capsules-60004924?skuid=004924&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=nonbrand&gclid=CjwKCAjw8-OhBhB5EiwADyoY1cb3fVfygXbI6zVfOl8VHUCWavqPNb3qjZqbsDWqYw0DbsY9ppmt-hoCsvUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds x

2 Likes

@kitty.drewett thank you! Never heard of that deffo need to give it a go. How do you usually take it? Just as is or do you mix it with something?

And thanks @jessicaeades will deffo look into that one !

Immunity is a huge topic and there’s definitely more to it than just taking a supplement. But, a supplement can definitely help the body ticking over. Have you ever had your vitamin D levels tested? Low vitamin D can cause immunity problems - I get my levels checked every so often with Medichecks, v easy blood tests based in Wimple Street (or you can do at home, but I prefer someone to do it for me!): At Home Vitamin D Blood Test to Check for Vitamin D Deficiency

As Jess says, the Unbeelieveable range is really good (and affordable). I also rate The Nue Co’s Defence Drops, which contain echinacea as well as other potent botanicals.

I would also take a quality multivitamin to cover your bases - Equi is fantastic, and you can either take it as a capsule or powder, Energise Body And Mind With Our Original Formula – Equi London

This feature I wrote may also help: How 10 Health Experts Keep Their Immune System Strong | SheerLuxe

x

2 Likes

I have been taking J.S Health Immune since November 2022 & have not come down with anything since, I was very sceptical but really believe this combined with daily Vitamin C & D has been great.

3 Likes

SLCOMMUNITY30 - Unbeelievable have very kindly given our readers a code x

1 Like