24 hours in Florence

I’m going to Florence next week - I’ll have from lunchtime one day until mid morning the next day.
What should I see (no long museum tours please, I’d rather be walking the streets, popping in and out of places), where should I eat…

I have a hotel in the centre sorted, but would love good cafes and bars to pit stop the sightseeing.

1 Like

I’m going in May and have done a lot of research into restaurants already.

My list so far is:
Il Grande Nuti Trattoria (Very traditional Tuscan)
The Antico Ristoro di Cambi (great steak)
Il Latino (for a rustic florentine meal)
Babae (Make sure to pop by their wine window)

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

I suggest visiting Santa Maria Novella - the oldest pharmacy in Europe. The church (bearing the same name) is a short walking distance away - highly recommend booking tickets beforehand.

Museo del Novecento & Collezione di Roberto Casa Monti (Piazza Santa Trinitia) are worth visiting as is Palazzo Medici Riccardi. Currently an Anselm Kiefer exhibition is underway at Palazzo Strozzi.

A stroll along Piazza della Signoria, Piazza Santa Trinita and along the Ponte Vecchio are a must. The area around Santo Spirito are a must too.

For lunch head to Sant’ Agostino - their steak is exquisite!

If you have time, try Slitti Experience (chocolate heaven) and La Via del Te - for a wide selection of teas and treats.

For an aperitivo, you have to go to Hotel Palazzo Guadagni - its rooftop bar offers a beautiful view of Piazza Santo Spirito.

This is a list of flea markets taking place in Tuscany: https://italysegreta.com/an-insiders-guide-to-the-best-flea-markets-in-tuscany/

For great food and an authentic Italian vibe, head to Casella 18 on Via Santa Elisabetta for lunch/food. The octopus was delish!!!

Oh, and Cafe Gilli too - great for people watching as in a square. Enjoy!

Thank you! I shall get booking…. Now, who can arrange me some sunshine!

1 Like