5 Tips/Tricks

Hi Georgie,
Getting married end of July in a marquee at home with around 200 guests. What would your 5 Tips/Tricks be, or any advise for the day?
Many thanks, Mx
#AskGeorgieAnything

1 Like

How exciting! Huge congratulations. I also had a marquee in the UK when I got married in the summer of 2022 - quintessentially British :white_heart:

1. On the morning of - only have people in the room getting ready with you who do not stress you out!
  2. Don’t leave anything ‘to do’ that morning; you won’t have time.
  3. Be on time! If you stay within your timeline, it really helps the rest of your suppliers and will make them feel less stressed.
  4. Choose a photographer whose work you love but also makes you and your partner feel comfortable - ask to go for a coffee or have a zoom to meet them before. Most photographers offer some sort of engagement photos as part of their packages too which is a really great way to get to know someone. (also don’t feel scared to ask for a reference from a past couple too if you don’t know anyone personally that they have worked with before)
  5. The most common ‘wedding regret’ I hear from Brides is that they chose a hair and make-up look that was the opposite of their usual style. The best advice is to choose someone that understands the look you’d like and that makes you feel comfortable, beautiful and like YOU. Also definitely have a trial before you part with any cash.
1 Like

Thanks Georgie :slight_smile: some great tips there and ones I hadn’t thought of and will actually heed!

1 Like

I’m so pleased to hear that! Have the best time <3 xx