60th birthday London restaurant ideas

My dad has tasked me with finding a special occasion restaurant in London for my mums 60th birthday. Im thinking somewhere that has a tasting menu in the £100 mark would be fab as I know some restaurants can easily rack up in price. We live in Essex so preferably more central or East, rather than West for an easier journey. Any help and suggestions welcome please :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Book The Waterhouse Project! It’s such a gorgeous room (in Bethnal Green) and the shorter, seven-course tasting menu is £100pp, which includes five alcoholic drinks pairings.

Not sure when the occasion is, but here’s the current menu…

2 Likes

The tasting menu at The Petersham is really lovely! Or I’ve heard great things about Perilla

2 Likes

Pidgin in Hackney is really great and the tasting menu is £72pp

Or if you like seafood then Cornerstone in Hackney Wick is incredible and does a ‘chef’s selection’ menu for £80pp

1 Like

I love Perilla in Newington Green. The food is fantastic and the tasting menu is around the £70 mark and a bit more for wine pairing.

x

The Frog, Adam Handling Covent Gardens, you will get something you cannot cook at home. Had the tasting menu several times and have never been disappointed. The food is also presented in a very entraining way.

1 Like