Advice for Grief

This is a more personal topic, but I wanted to ask if anyone has some advice on ways to deal with grief. I understand this can be different for everyone. I’ve been reading up a lot on ways to process, but finding a lot of advice out there can be a bit generic. I thought I’d ask the Community on here for any specific tips, guidance, books, activities that you have found helpful.

My brother was just 40, and he recently passed away from cancer. It was just a couple of months between diagnosis and him passing, so it’s been a shock and a rapid series of events. I’m now at a stage where I find I have more time to sit with my grief, but I’m finding it surreal and I feel a bit lost.

Fortunately, I feel I can talk about this with family, friends and colleagues but I’m sharing in case it also helps others on here.

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss and the tough time you are going through.

Personally, I have heard podcasts with Julia Samuel and found her to be very helpful. I’ve just looked and seen she has released an app - I don’t know much more than that but she’s very respected in the field and I imagine this could be a helpful daily support system.

She also has various books, including this one which is linked to the app

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grief-Works-Stories-Death-Surviving/dp/024127074X

I hope either of these helps.

1 Like