Affordable spa hotel Midlands & Birmingham tips

Hi there - I’m likely to go for a weekend to Birmingham soon. Heard it’s a good city now, and tips on what to do, where to go or stay? I’m hoping to do a day and night at a spa on the way home, any tips for nice places for not crazy money outside B’ham?

2 Likes

Hampton Manor opened last year and has a couple of lovely restaurants and a woodland spa room (on the website it says: Booking in advance is essential and reservations are made direct with the clinic by calling 01675 760644.)

As for Birmingham, it has a really good theatre/ballet scene. Have a look at what’s on at:

https://www.birmingham-rep.co.uk/

1 Like

There is so much to do in Brum :blush: ! Just depends what you’re into; if you want shopping then Harvey Nichols, Bullring and Grand Central shopping centres are your best bet. Also don’t forget to check out New Street and High Street and the side streets and arcades for cool independents. If you want lots of fun outside the norm then head down to Digbeth for cool bars. If you’re into the arts then Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery is free to visit. And check out the library of Birmingham too, when it opened it was the largest library in Europe. It’s the best city though I am biased :wink:

2 Likes

I would recommend the Grand Hotel for afternoon tea or even for drinks. Birmingham has lots to do and some great suggestions already. If you like live music you could try The Jam House and there are some lovely restaurants too, Adam’s, Purnell’s, Fumo which also has a restaurant in Selfridges. Be prepared for walking as things are spread out is my top tip. Dependent on which direction you are heading The Lygon Arms in Broadway has a lovely spa which is reasonably priced. I’m an ex Brummie resident so I regularly go back to see what has popped up since I moved south. :white_heart:

2 Likes