All time favourite travel destinations

Hey! My boyfriend and I are planning a multi stop itinerary across the world and would love any suggestions on destinations?

Would be keen to hear your favourite ever trips! X

2 Likes

Mine have been a trip along the south coast of Japan – These Japanese Islands Need To Go On Your Bucket List | SheerLuxe – which was absolutely 10/10, plus an American road trip through the Pacific North West – A Tried-&-Tested Guide To The USA’s Pacific Northwest | SheerLuxe

I’d do both again in an instant, but would love to travel around Mexico one day.

1 Like

Hi, I travelled down through Mexico & South America in 2020 (pre-pandemic) with my husband and it was the best. We were in Mexico for 14 weeks, and followed this route:

Mexico City > Merida > Holbox > Oaxaca City > Puerto Escondido > Mazunte. Oaxaca was definitely a highlight & the coast was beautiful.

Then we flew to Columbia and did Medellin and Cartagena. Then down to Peru where we flew to Lima then travelled down through Ayacucho, Arequipa, Puno and Cusco (for the Inca Trail). We ended up in Argentina (Mendoza) but had to leave because of the pending lockdown in the UK.

It was about 3 months total, (should have been 4 had we made it to Brazil) and I would definitely reccommend the trip if you’re looking for a slightly less trodden trail than the SE Asia route.

1 Like

Hi. I did Central America backpacking and that was amazing - Costa Rica, Belize, Guatemala, Mexico (with a couple of internal flights), and then finished in San Fran. Guatemala and Belize were the highlights for sure.

1 Like

Travelling round Japan was one of my all-time favourites. We spent a month there last year doing Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, Miyajima and Nara. The culture is so beautiful and unique and every city is packed with fun stuff to do, amazing sights to see and delicious food! It’s also super easy to get around with the bullet train.

1 Like

I have just come back from two weeks in South Africa and LOVED IT! Best holiday ever. So much good food and wine, the people are lovely and the scenery is stunning. We did the Garden Route, wine tasting in Franschhoek, Cape Town and then safari in Kruger. Would highly recommend.

1 Like

Hi there! I have written a couple of articles on my all time favourite travel destinations in Europe: https://femmevoyage0.wixsite.com/femme-voyage/post/carcassonne-where-medieval-magic-meets-modern-luxury and https://femmevoyage0.wixsite.com/femme-voyage/post/french-riviera-and-provence-road-tour .
Here I talk specifically about Carcassonne, the Algarve in Portugal, and other places in the South of France. Hopefully it provides some useful information!
xx

That sounds amazing!! Off to Costa Rica in December with my teens 13 & 16 - is there anything you would recommend as a must do/see/eat?