Amsterdam weekend recs pls

Heading to Amsterdam in Jan with fiancee, looking for great restaurants and general recomendations. We’re not particularly ‘cool’… thanks x

Amsterdam’s Old Town is really pretty, and I would definitely go to the Rijksmuseum for a bit of culture. The Vondelpark has lots of nice walking routes, and a trip on the canal is a must - avoid the touristy ones and go for a smaller group if it’s not too expensive. Bocas is a good lunch spot and Van Stapele does tasty cookies!

1 Like

The Dylan hotel has the cosiest bar for a pre or post dinner drink

1 Like

My favourite city! Cafe Bern is my favourite restaurant in Amsterdam. Then other good ones are Restaurant Danjs, Mama Kelly, guts & glory. Tails & Spirits and Door 74 for cocktails. M’adam for the view. Bakers & Roasters, and Coffee & Coconuts for brunch. Shopping in in the 9 straajts independent stores. The Foodhallen is fun if you’re there for a few days & want a casual lunch that doesn’t cost a fortune.

2 Likes

I would recommend Café de Klos for the best ribs ever.

1 Like

Brunch on a barge is a fun alternative way to see the city:

https://reallyniceplace.com/gs-brunch-boat

1 Like

A second hand up for The Dylan hotel!

1 Like

I love some of the trendy places like The Duchess - highly instagrammable, Mr Porter, Harbour Club or Momo, there is even a Cecconi’s now would be you believe. A little more trendy for the Dutch crowd is Cafe George for brunch. I can definitely recommend is Brasserie Ambassade at the Ambassade hotel. If you are doing a tour of the shopping streets College hotel is a great place for a drink to recover. As a Dutch girl, I think you must try Bitterballen our nibble with drinks. I love Wildschut for drinks - head to de Pijp for authenic Amsterdam vibe. And a must is to have dinner on the Utrechtsedwarstraat where you can find Indonisian restaurants that do a Indische Rijstafel which is a group of little plates spicy and sweet and just very special to NL. Definitely do the museams not jsut Rijks and van Gogh but also Stedelijk is amazing. You will have a lovely lovely time!

1 Like

I would recommend an iamsterdam card. You can buy it online and collect at Schiphol Airport. and a map is included. Free bus return into city centre, hop on and off trams, boat trip, discounts for museums, cafes etc.

There used to be a cheese and wine evening canal cruise , which is romantic.

If you want to visit the Anne Frank House and / or the Van Gogh Museum, these are not included on the iamsterdam card and DO BOOK A TIME SLOT NOW to avoid the queues.

Also worth a visit is the Rembrandt House, Ons’ Lieve Heer op Solder, Ice Bar Amsterdam.
If you like Chinese food, there is the Sea Palace floating pagoda.
If you like history / museums, there are plenty: A replica of the ship ‘The Amsterdam’ , Tulip Museum, Cheese Museum, Diamond Museum and the vast Rijksmuseum.

You can find all the things to do here:

1 Like