Any suggestions for Rome?

Any must visit restaurants, bars, interesting things to do

1 Like

I went in November and I loved La Matriciana dal 1870 for food (and the waiters were so funny it was such a good experience). Also loved Nannarella - it’s located in Trastevere which is the loveliest area for little streets and shops. I recommend going there in the late afternoon to have a look around, have a glass of wine in one of the wine bars around and then go to Nannarella for dinner. There was a band playing in the square too which just made the experience even lovelier.

1 Like

Osteria Delle Copelle - great food!

Sanctuary/Voodoo bar for some late-night cocktails x

You really can’t go wrong with food in Rome, but some newer spots include Pro Loco Pinciano and Osteria Chiana. I would also really recommend booking a private tour of the city (more expensive but you’ll get to see cool spots not many tourists will know).

Rome - my favourite city!

I would recommend going and booking in advance the Galleria Borghese - it’s a must-visit destination to see Bernini’s sculptures. I would also recommend going to Palazzo Colonna, Palazzo Barberini (Rome’s National Gallery) and Galleria Doria Pamphilij (on Via del Corso). Also worth visiting are the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel and Castel Sant’Angelo.

Furthermore, Palazzo Altemps, Villa Medici (close to the Spanish steps) and San Luigi dei Francesi Church are worth visiting. If you have time for an excursion outside Rome, head to Villa d’Este in Tivoli.

Restaurants: Matricianella, Vineria il Chianti, Osteria Tettarello, Giolitti - for ice-creams, Dar Poeta in Trastevere. Also have a look at La Cafetteria Roma for coffee and mouthwatering sweets: https://www.lacaffettieraroma.it/

For restaurants such as Matricianella and Chianti it’s best to book in advance as they are popular spots.

1 Like

Jerry Thomas speakeasy bar is must visit