Any thrift store recommendations for NY?

I’m heading in December for 10 days!

1 Like

Yes…
Beacon’s Closet - the best one is in Greenpoint, Brooklyn (but there are others in Manhattan) try visiting on a weekday because on a weekend there’s often lines to get in. If you head there get brunch at Five Leaves (Heath Ledger’s restaurant). Also Upstate Stock is nearby and it’s great for all things local/Made in NY state - the diffusers are amazing and last for months (v affordable too!) and the coffees great!
Next to Five Leaves is Awoke Vintage, this is more curated but has some great stuff, there’s another in Williamsburg. Then there’s another next to that but I forget the name.

For super cheap thrifting, you need to head deeper into Brooklyn to Bushwick - there you have L Train vintage (there are others of these too, one in EV), Urban Jungle is HUGE good for looking through rails for bargains and others. Also amazing street art there along Troutman St - Google maps ‘The Bushwick Collective’

For higher end vintage head to Chickee’s in Williamsburg, I’ve had some great finds there, it’s pretty reasonably priced for the quality. It’s also next to Cafe Mogador which is amazing for lunch/dinner!

1 Like

This is so helpful thank you!!! x

1 Like

Screaming Mimi’s on the edge of the meatpacking district (https://www.screamingmimis.com/) is also where Pat Field cut her teeth pre-Sex & The City. Bit pricier than average thrift but selection is vast.

1 Like

Thank you! x