Art exhibition visits just after Christmas? London

Tricky limbo time with lots of holidays coming up! Great overall . . . but guests want trip out to visit art - are galleries/museums open - ideas welcomed

1 Like

V&A is always a winner.

I’m planning to visit this one - Objects of Desire: Surrealism and Design 1924 – Today - Design Museum. Georgie went and loved it!

The Southbank Centre has loads of activities on at the mo.

Also, Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirror Rooms | Tate Modern if you haven’t been already and can get tix!

There’s also Frameless - https://frameless.com.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you find any good ones x

1 Like

For something a bit different Maddox Gallery always has cool exhibitions. Otherwise, Frameless by Marble Arch is really cool for immersive installations featuring art by Van Gogh, Monet and Rembrandt.

If you’re after something Christmas-y The Fabulous World of Dior at Harrods is fabulous indeed!

1 Like

I love the Natural History Museum – it’s not just for children! Even the building itself is beautiful, and there are lots of nice cafes and restaurants nearby for a drink afterwards.

The V&A is always a winner, and the Wallace Collection is lovely too and feels really festive at this time of year (have an afternoon tea in the courtyard, too!)

1 Like

Wow, such lovely ideas - thinking of Design Museum and V&A as a great walk through London combined with the Dior at Harrod’s
just awesome to get some ideas was feeling stuck - thanks Jessica Heather and Sandrew

I second The Wallace Collection - it feels like such a hidden gem. I also rate the exhibitions held at The Queen’s Gallery and my personal favourite - The Royal Academy - right by Piccadilly so ideal for some Christmas buzz and a mooch around Fortnum’s.

Dear Harriet - yes, love the Wallace - opulence just oozes and favourite with our guests from India.

1 Like

This is a cute museum and can go to Borough Market after!

x

thanks so much Catherine walks were in order so we went to Tate Modern to see Magdalena Abakanowicz and walked round Battersea Power Station and US Embassy

1 Like