Ask the Editors: Lifestyle & Culture (Heather Steele & Sherri Andrew)

Looking for a fun rooftop bar? Or planning a trip to a new city? Heather & Sherri can share some recommendations.

Planning a one night stay with my daughter to see Lion King and do some girly bits!

Thinking Peggy Porshen for brunch? Maybe Inko Nito for dinner?

Any Sunday brunch recommendations that would be suitable? Or any other activities?

The girlier the better! Many thanks in advance

1 Like

The Knot Churros in South Ken is a favourite with my goddaughters!

1 Like

That sounds like a great weekend! The Maine in Mayfair does a great brunch - something special for a weekend! If you’re after something more casual, 26 Grains in Neal’s Yard has lots of yummy dishes to choose from, too.

How old is your daughter? What kind of activities does she enjoy?

Thanks so much! She’s only 6! Is the Maine too grown up?xx

Ah in that case yes! Where the Pancakes Are is really fun for kids – they have a few sites in London and the food is really yummy with something for adults and little ones!

Looking for somewhere to meet a group of friends in our mid thirties for drinks on a week night evening but struggling to find a pub or bar with out door reservations? Ideally West or Central London. Thanks

1 Like

I’m obsessed with all your London recommendations, you literally find the best places. I’m from Manchester and wondered if you had any recommendations for cool food and drink places in the area? Xx

1 Like

Ohhh I would say The Campaner in Chelsea (newly opened) is a good shout if you want some food on the side, Aqua Kyoto on Argyll St has a great rooftop bar, and Dalloway Terrace in Fitzrovia is always nice with its floral displays.

The Landmark London also has a new champagne bar in the garden terrace which looks v glamorous too!

Hi Laura, thank you!! Ohh I LOVE Manchester, one of my favourite places! I would recommend Mana for something special (Italian), Another Hand for something more casual but equally delicious (the hassleback potatoes are the best) and Seoul Kimchi for really good Korean. Food hall Freight Island is also really fun and has lots of street food options for everyone! X

1 Like

Entertaining a 14 and 11 year old for a week. Any ideas on fun/ cost effective activities we can do in London

I often take mine to Balthazar in Covent Garden pre theatre. Always buzzy!

Bracelet welding at Astrid & Miyu, Battersea Power Station. Six The Musical is good. The Design Museum is fab!

I would go to the newly opened Young V&A museum in Benthal Green which looks really cool and has lots of interactive activities for kids!

Hi Heather & Sherri,

I’m off to Norfolk in a few weeks staying in old Hunstanton and wondered if you had any recommendations? Good pubs, food, shops, I’m here for it all xx

1 Like

Hi Laura – how lovely!

Monica Vinader did a great interview with us with all her recs!

1 Like

Would be great to know if you have any recommendations of restaurants with private rooms ideally in the City of London……we are celebrating a 93rd birthday with a family group of approx 15. Private room needed as the birthday boy needs a smaller room to help with his hearing.

1 Like