Australia honeymoon recommendations wanted

My husband and I got married last weekend and have been on our mini-moon, but the post wedding blues and going back to work Sunday scaries have seriously hit! So, we are now planning our big honeymoon - we are looking at Australia for 3 weeks in November.

We are currently looking at flying to Sydney, spending sometime in Brisbane (hiring a car to explore Sunshine & Gold Coast), and flying up North to spend sometime around the Whitsundays.

If anyone has recommendations for must-see/do activities in these areas, any hints & tips, hotels & places to eat, that would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Congrats! We went to Australia on our honeymoon too, however we stayed in Sydney and visited Armidale, the Waterfall Way and the Blue Mountains.

Sydney is a very safe city - I loved it so much! We had stayed at the Holiday Inn. A visit to the Sydney Opera House is a must (or try to see if there are any events going on at the time). We had also visited the Queen Victoria Buildings and the Sydney Tower.

We then headed to Armidale - we stayed at different places including at Peterson’s Winery and Guesthouse (Armidale). We also went to Port Macquarie and visited the Koala hospital there. Oysters are must try in Port Macquarie.

We then headed to Hunter’s Valleys and then to Leura in the Blue Mountains - lodging was at Fairmont Resort & Spa Blue Mountains M Gallery. From there we visited Everglades Garden and the Jenolan Caves.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

I just did this trip over Christmas to visit family - I did 10 days in Noosa and a week in Sydney.
I would highly recommend going to Noosa, it is gorgeous!! If you do, you have to visit Bang Bang.

In Sydney, I would definitely visit the Opera house and try go on a boat tour round the Harbour, it so dreamy! The walk from Bondi - Bronte Beach walk and also do a day in Manly, super easy on the ferry.

In terms of restaurants, I found all the food was all so good but these were my faves-
Mr Wong, a treat but amazing Chinese food
Tottis for a casual Italian
Dear Saint Eloise - such a good wine bar
The Paddington
Shop and Wine bar - really nice small wine spot near Bondi beach

Gould Street is also great for shopping! I am so jealous, you’ll have the best time!

1 Like

As an Aussie living in London - how exciting!

I would say you’ve hit the nail on the head for sunny destinations - the Whitsundays is incredible. For an extra special way to spend your Honey Moon, I would recommend going to Hamilton Island and staying at Qualia - an incredible resort on the island.

Whilst in Hamilton Island, pop to the Clubhouse restaurant on Dent Island, via the ferry - it’s fabulous food!

Re Sydney - I would recommend staying in Bronte, Clovelly or Coogee - all by the beach, and right on the Bondi-Bronte walk.

Don’t need long in Brisbane, unless you’re planning on heading to the Gold Coast - Broad Beach is lovely.

Enjoy! x

1 Like