Best places to visit / stay in Japan

Hi All, I’ve booked a trip to Japan for later this year and was wondering if anyone has any hotel recommendations for Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone or anywhere else we should visit?

Thanks!
Alice

2 Likes

I haven’t been myself but have been eyeing up Moksa hotel in Kyoto which is affordbale but looks incred!

I highly recommend visiting the island of Naoshima (art island) - takes a bit of time to get to but 100% worth it. It’s famous for Yayoi Kusama’s pumpkin sculpture and the main hotel there is wonderful.
The Thousand in Kyoto was my favourite hotel - luxury and right next to the station.

2 Likes

You will have an amazing time! Japan is my favourite place I’ve visited, i’d love to go back.

In Tokyo you must visit the Shibuya Crossing and see the Hachikō statue outside of Shibuya Station. Akihabara is really worth walking around, this area is famous for gaming – it’s quite surreal and unlike anything i’ve seen before. It’s not an area I had heard much about before visiting!

We didn’t stay in Hakone but we stayed not to far from there in Fuji Kawaguchiko. We stayed in the Konansou Hotel which I highly recommend – the bedrooms are similar to those of a Ryokan and they offer a traditional Kaiseki dining experience in your room. Nearby here is the Arakura Fuji Sengen Shrine which is an absolute must-visit, you have a stunning view of the shrine with Mount Fuji in the background.

Lastly, in Kyoto the top things we did were Nara, Fushimi Inari Taisha and Arashiyama. Nishiki Market was a lot of fun too for street food!

1 Like

Yes, me too – one of the most magical places I’ve been!

1 Like