Best sites for travel/hotel deals?

Wondering where people have had good experiences booking hotel deals online (Voyage Prive, Secret Escapes etc.)? Any good under the radar ones?

5 Likes

I would recommend Mr & Mrs Smith. The offer section sometimes has great deals out of busy season.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll check it out

1 Like

I would have a look at Nemo which has lots of options for all budgets, and Orbzii which is a fun new app - like Tinder but for holidays!

Skyscanner also offers hotel and flight deals sometimes, and it could be worth looking at specific hotel sites as it’s often cheaper to book with them directly.

5 Likes

Ooo thanks Sherri I haven’t heard of these I’ll have a look!

I have used Booking.com a few times for hotels with a discount and it has always been a smooth experience!

3 Likes

That sounds so cool, I’m going to have to check that one out!

1 Like

maybe an obvious one but i always look on Jet 2 holidays and Secret escapes! In fact i booked my trip next week via secret escapes x

1 Like

When we go on holiday we’re all about getting to our destination and having a hotel room that is clean and secure, in a decent area and that’s not too remote - especially if we’re not hiring a car.
We also prefer a one-stop-shop approach and not having to deal with multiple providers and have found that the difference in cost is negligible, so generally tend to book directly with the airline. For long haul flights and even some shorter ones they generally tend to be with reputable airlines who usually have offers and you can quickly rack up points/ airmiles/ avios with them.
Brand loyalty is great, but for me, in this day and age it’s about making your hard-earned money work for you.
While I’m no loyalist, I am partial to British Airways who we booked our last holiday to Barbados with and will be going to Turkey with them later this year.
Many of the larger airlines also offer credit cards on which if you spend a certain amount over a period of time you get additional points/ airmiles/ avios which can be converted in to money off/ free/ upgraded flights or goods and experiences.
However in my personal experience this is only worth it if you pay your balance off immediately and do not incur any interest. E.g. I pay for my weekly Tesco shop (and a bunch of other stuff) with my BA Amex card and then pay the balance off before my statement date and get the Avios without incurring any interest.
This is not in any shape or form financial advice, just what I have found with a lot of practice and calendar reminders works for me!

For hotels only, some times just booking direct and way in advance will get you a good deal. Don’t be afraid to tap in to deal sites like Groupon as well!

3 Likes

Agree Nemo has some beautiful holidays!

2 Likes

I was really impressed when I booked through Voyage Prive, I also keep an eye on Very Chic as they offer some great looking deals too x

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone!

I would recommend Kayak. They search the best deals and you can put a price watch alert on it.

They cover all the good companies including Mr&Mrs Smith and Booking.com as well as stay for long if you are looking for several weeks.

I have had some amazing 5* deals by using them.

Happy Travels

1 Like

Thanks I’ll have a look!

Wildcard BUT I’ve just booked through Journee. You give a budget and some preferences, but you don’t know where you are going until you get to the airport. You get clues along the way and a packing list… very exciting! https://www.journeetrips.com/

1 Like

Ooo I have always wanted to do something like this! Can’t wait to hear how it goes

Little Emperors is superb. personalised service and discounts available.

1 Like

Thanks I’ve not heard of this! I’ll have a look

I have always found the best deals on destinations2go! It is my go-to!

1 Like

Thanks Elizabeth I’ll have a look!