Birthday Dinner Menu

Hi , do you have a dinner party menu for 14 people? Some veggie , mostly not ,
It’s my Birthday,so i don’t want to be slaving away to much in the kitchen! Drinks /nibbles / main / cake ideas please :pray:t4:

1 Like

Happy birthday! Love this Q. Im actually cooking for my brother’s birthday this weekend for 14 and half the guests are vegan.
I love to do lots of room temp sides and then one main that can be prepped ahead and just shoved into the oven beforehand. The menu I’m doing this weekend.
Roasted Carrots on whipped yogurt with a herby oil. (Roast the 2kg carrots with some ground cumin and coriander seed and some whole cumin seeds, oil salt, oven set to 200 for 30 mins till golden). Whisk 600g yogurt with 1 clove finely grated garlic. Roughly chop lots of herbs herbs, mix with 1 clove finely grated garlic, juice 1/2 a lemon and enough olive oil to make it spoonable.
To plate, spread yog onto plate, top with carrots then herby oil

Smashed crispy potatoes on minty peas. Boil 1-2kg new potatoes till soft. Toss in olive oil and salt in a tray. Lightly smash with the base of a glass, add more salt and roast for 40 mins in an oven set to 200 for 40 mins till crispy. Blend 600g blanched peas with 300g yogurt, 2 garlic cloves, bunch mint leaves, salt and olive oil.
To plate, spread peas onto plate, top with potatoes, finish with olive oil and mint leaves.
Then Im doing this chicory, pear hazelnut salad (so good and can be prepped ahead and tossed just before serving)

and this chicken

Lots more ideas on my newsletter here too x

2 Likes

Thanks so much , super helpful!
Enjoy your dinner too :pray:t4::pray:t4: