Botox

Hi,
I have always looked after my skin and spend a small fortune on skincare and beauty tools. I am about to turn 60 (I can’t even believe I’m typing that😬) and although my skin, I think, is still looking good I would like to have baby Botox in a couple of areas and wondered if any of your Mothers, Aunts, friends etc. have taken the plunge later in life?
Were they happy with the results?
Will they continue to have treatments?

1 Like

I’m sure there will be plenty of response to this with first hand opinions (which sadly I don’t have!) BUT I did want to point you in the direction - in the meantime - to this piece we wrote which could be helpful just for a bit more info on the subject What You Need To Know About ‘Baby’ Botox | SheerLuxe

x

That’s brilliant Sapna! I haven’t seen the article you mention. I’ll definitely read it.
Thanks Sapna!
Trish x

I’ve been getting Botox injections for facial wrinkles for several years now, and I’m satisfied with the effect, so I decided to try Baby Botox. It acts directly on the skin, not on the muscles, like regular Botox. It is designed to help reduce skin oiliness, rosacea and rosacea, and narrow enlarged pores. The Botox injections were done in Canada, as Botox ampoules are much cheaper there. Conventional Botox injections act directly on the muscle, relaxing it, while Baby Botox is injected less deeply, under the skin. Thus, it acts in other layers and should affect the superficial vessels. https://www.brunnermd.com/2023/03/15/baby-botox-all-you-need-to-know/.

Here is my photo results before and after:
before
after

The difference from regular Botox is also in the concentration, which is much lower. The drug is diluted with saline in a ratio of 1/3, 1/5, 1/7, or 1/10. The concentration is chosen by the doctor before the procedure, based on the patient’s problems and the desired result.