Brown Hair Dye

Hey Everyone,

Looking for any advice please! I colour my hair at home and I’m seeing if anyone has any rich brown hair dyes they can recommend? I have dark brown hair but lots of greys coming through, and I love a really rich and glossy colour that fades well, with minimum red/copper tones coming through. I already have quite naturally warm hair so any redness after a few weeks just looks awful. I haven’t been too impressed with how dyes are covering my greys, but still want to be able to do it at home as I’ve never had the best experience with in-salon colour and it’s so expensive…

Any dyes, brands and shades recommendations welcome please!

TYSM
x

2 Likes

I can answer this!

I dye my hair at home. I tend to opt for a semi-permanent one so it doesn’t dry the ends.

I use this – Clairol | Nice n Easy No Ammonia Semi-Permanent Hair Dye 79 Dark Brown - Boots

2 Likes

Heather definitely knows best here! But I’ve also heard great things about Glaze:

It’s semi-permanent, so great if you’re slightly on fence and want to try shades loosely

I don’t dye my hair anymore, but when I did I also used Nice n Easy and loved it!

Hi Rebecca

You could take a look at the Quiz on eSalon:

https://www.esalon.co.uk/