Caribbean recommendations please!

My boyfriend and I are looking to visit the Caribbean for 2 weeks in January, however need some help deciding which island to visit. We’re currently torn between St Lucia and Barbados, but don’t really know much about either of them. Does anyone have advice on how they compare to each other? Or any other island suggestions? We’re primarily looking for scenic beaches and good food- ideally not too many tourists. Also, really not bothered about staying at an all inclusive.

1 Like

I LOVED Barbados when I went - quite a few years ago now, but we stayed at the Hilton which was really nice & split the rest of our stay at a villa. I’m sure St Lucia is also heavenly, but Barbados was so nice. Favourite part was defo swimming among the turtles! X

I would say Barbados is beautiful if you want to relax, while St Lucia is more lush and mountainous - still has gorgeous beaches but definitely more of an active / adventurous holiday - you can go hiking, diving, visit hot and sulphur springs etc.

St Kitts & Nevis is one of the smaller Caribbean islands, and Nevis is particularly great if you’re looking for somewhere more rustic & off the beaten track, but still has lots of lovely hotels! Great combination of mountains & beach