Carmel or Toklas: birthday resto tips & bar advice?

Hi SL Community! It’s my birthday this week and I’m planning a small dinner with close girl friends on Saturday. I’ve heard great things about Toklas and keen to go.
Or, Carmel in Fitzrovia is my alternative.

Anyone been to these and happy to share thoughts? Especially to navigate different budgets and a vegetarian in the group. So many other place I’d love to go aren’t so veggie friendly, more £ than some might find comfortable, or booked up (despite having reserved weeks ago!).

Any tips for good central places would be great to hear, and ideas for a nice place for a drink before. Depending where we eat, for a drink before I’m considering The Nest/20-50 wine bar or Antidote; or Lady of the Grapes / Henrietta Hotel…

1 Like

I would really recommend Toklas, the vibe is laidback but still feels special for a celebration - and the food is delicious. Seasonal sharing plates and lots of options for vegetarians.

There’s also a great wine list and the cocktails are delicious. A really nice spot for summer, especially if you sit outside on the terrace

1 Like

Thank you so much! Decision made!
xxx