Christmas in london 'but cool' - bringing tourist friends

Bit early for the C word but in planning mode!

I live in a very unglamorous/uncosmopolitan part of Europe but my offices are in London so I’m there a lot. I’m excitedly bringing some of my local friends for a long weekend in early December so they can experience the special London Christmas vibe.

So far planning to do a show and shopping at Liberty’s/Selfridges/Covent Garden.
Would also love a glam but chilled night out - is Archer Street still good fun?

We can’t blow the budget, but would love any special ‘must-do’ recs for Christmas, activities/sights/restaurants. We’ll be based West but happy to walk/tube around.

1 Like

That sounds so fun! Archer St is fun but quite a young crowd these days – I would recommend the Common Decency Bar at the NoMad Hotel for something a bit more relaxed and festive.

I would also have a look at one of the Christmas markets, go and see the amazing trees at Claridge’s, The Berkeley or Brown’s hotel and book drinks at a winter Igloo (like the Coppa Club ones). Also Miracle at Henrietta in Covent Garden is one of the most festive spots with kitsch decorations and special food and drink!

Thanks Sherri!

Archer Street is always a good idea! I was thinking about suggesting this even before reading your question in full. Given it has its apres ski type bar vibes it’s perfect for Christmas with your friends