Collagen supplements/experiences

Hiya,

I’ve been looking into collagen supplements but I found lots of conflicting views.

I was wondering what your experiences taking collagen were and, if applicable, the benefits you found from taking it?

Also are there any recommendations? Is there a benefit to taking powder, liquid shots, tablets etc? Is bovine or marine better?

Any views/opinions/experiences would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I’ve used these for a three month period, and I really felt like my skin was improving, it felt more glowy and fine lines flet less present. I also felt that my nails had grown stronger.
I will warn you though, they don’t taste the best.
I now use a cheaper one, which is way lower dose but I can just pop it into my coffee in the morning.
It’s also supposed to help with heart health, which is one of the main reasons I take it!

1 Like

I second Dose & Co! I’ve tried it before and definitely noticed little improvements and as Vanessa says, it’s easy to incorporate into your routine

2 Likes

I love Bare Biology and put a scoop in my smoothie every morning x

1 Like

I also use the Dose & Co powder and mix it with my yoghurt, I definitely noticed an improvement in how my hair looks and also my nails are way stronger than they were. I’ve been using it for a couple of months now so I think it’s worth sticking with it!

1 Like

I have a friend who swears by the Revive collagen. She’s been taking for a few months and has seen benefits to her skin. x

1 Like

I’ve used Absolute Collagen and had some noticeable results to the skin after taking it for quite a while. It comes in concentrated liquid sachets. I don’t like the taste of it so mix it into a glass of cordial juice every morning and that works fine for me.

Here’s a link to some of the FAQS on their website:

https://www.absolutecollagen.com/products/marine-liquid-collagen-drink-for-women

Hope you find something that works well for you.

1 Like

agreed! i love mixing the marine collagen into my smoothies x

1 Like

I use edible health bovine powder, 13g in my coffee every morning. It has all the essential amino acids in it. I started using it for skin elasticity, nails & hair growth 3+ yrs ago.
Do compare with hunter & gatherer or brave & and ancient.

2 Likes

I use a vegan collagen by FEEL, and i feel like its making a difference to my skin. I have a lovely glow and havent had botox for 6 months, im 51. Smaller molecules help the collagen drink to be absorbed better. It tastes fab with water, though has sweetners!

1 Like

I have been using Ingenious collagen. It gets delivered every 3 months. I like that as I always forget to buy. Has it helped a little yes especially for my nails

I’ve been using Beauty Pie Super Collagen powder for over a year. I prefer this to Dose&Co and Absolute Collagen as it works better for me. Not only has the Beauty Pie Collagen helped my skin, nails and hair but my joints feel better too. I dissolve it in water and drink on an empty stomach as soon as I wake up.

1 Like

I really like willpowders. Clean products.

I have been using dose & co for a few months now(collagen peptides).
I was sceptical at first,but after a few months of use,my skin looks great,my hair has grown so much & is thicker with less hair loss and my nails are stronger(51yrs). It’s also helped my joints.
I mix it with my latte every morning and it has no taste imo and dissolves easily.(Not tried in cold liquid)
Always pour liquid into collagen powder not the other way around.
Container isn’t travel friendly but this collagen is my favourite. It works!

i was using a supplement until i read a review in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology which stated that most claims by collagen supplements are unsubstantiated. Also they were becoming more pricey and i haven’t noticed a change since i stopped using them.

1 Like

I would recommend British Supplements Marine Collagen - https://www.british-supplements.net/products/clean-hydrolyzed-marine-collagen?variant=27884785303626 no binders or fillers.

I’ve been using a new brand called Yuvãfy and it has been the best I’ve tried yet!! Defo best value for money when you look at all the vitamins and minerals in it. I’ve swapped out some of the other supplements and just take these sachets once a day because they do all I need. They also taste so good!! They have recipes online too which I’ve been trying out and they’re so yum x

https://yuvafy.com/shop/

1 Like