Collagen supplements/experiences

Hiya,

I’ve been looking into collagen supplements but I found lots of conflicting views.

I was wondering what your experiences taking collagen were and, if applicable, the benefits you found from taking it?

Also are there any recommendations? Is there a benefit to taking powder, liquid shots, tablets etc? Is bovine or marine better?

Any views/opinions/experiences would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I’ve used these for a three month period, and I really felt like my skin was improving, it felt more glowy and fine lines flet less present. I also felt that my nails had grown stronger.
I will warn you though, they don’t taste the best.
I now use a cheaper one, which is way lower dose but I can just pop it into my coffee in the morning.
It’s also supposed to help with heart health, which is one of the main reasons I take it!

1 Like

I second Dose & Co! I’ve tried it before and definitely noticed little improvements and as Vanessa says, it’s easy to incorporate into your routine

2 Likes

I love Bare Biology and put a scoop in my smoothie every morning x

1 Like

I also use the Dose & Co powder and mix it with my yoghurt, I definitely noticed an improvement in how my hair looks and also my nails are way stronger than they were. I’ve been using it for a couple of months now so I think it’s worth sticking with it!

1 Like

I have a friend who swears by the Revive collagen. She’s been taking for a few months and has seen benefits to her skin. x

1 Like

I’ve used Absolute Collagen and had some noticeable results to the skin after taking it for quite a while. It comes in concentrated liquid sachets. I don’t like the taste of it so mix it into a glass of cordial juice every morning and that works fine for me.

Here’s a link to some of the FAQS on their website:

https://www.absolutecollagen.com/products/marine-liquid-collagen-drink-for-women

Hope you find something that works well for you.

1 Like

agreed! i love mixing the marine collagen into my smoothies x

1 Like

I use edible health bovine powder, 13g in my coffee every morning. It has all the essential amino acids in it. I started using it for skin elasticity, nails & hair growth 3+ yrs ago.
Do compare with hunter & gatherer or brave & and ancient.

2 Likes

I use a vegan collagen by FEEL, and i feel like its making a difference to my skin. I have a lovely glow and havent had botox for 6 months, im 51. Smaller molecules help the collagen drink to be absorbed better. It tastes fab with water, though has sweetners!

I have been using Ingenious collagen. It gets delivered every 3 months. I like that as I always forget to buy. Has it helped a little yes especially for my nails

I’ve been using Beauty Pie Super Collagen powder for over a year. I prefer this to Dose&Co and Absolute Collagen as it works better for me. Not only has the Beauty Pie Collagen helped my skin, nails and hair but my joints feel better too. I dissolve it in water and drink on an empty stomach as soon as I wake up.

I really like willpowders. Clean products.