Collagen worth it?

Is taking collagen worth it? I’m 26 and have taken it for a couple of months and have noticed clear skin and hair in good condition etc, but I don’t know whether to keep going as it is quite a hefty extra spend, so wondered if people would recommend it in the long run and if it is actually worth it?

2 Likes

For a medical take on whether it’s worth it, I recommend listening to the Food Medic podcast - she has a very quick 5 min episode (S8 E9) on this very topic!

1 Like

I personally believe it is! I am 31 and I take the Revive collagen every day - tastes yum and I feel it makes a different to my skin. It is something you have to stick with to see improvements over time though - I’ve been taking it for about 4 months now and I think my skin is currently at the best its been in a very long time.

1 Like

Agreed on Revive - I’ve been taking it for a bit more than 2 months and I feel like my skin has definitely gotten better!

Look for a formula that has at least 10,000mg per dose for the best effects. Lots of studies show that anything less than this isn’t worth taking. I rate Rejuvenated Collagen Shots and Vida Glow.

x

I use Vida Glow. I started using the Beauty pie chocolate collagen but it doesn’t taste great, I had to have it in Hot Chocolate so found the increase in sugar counter productive. Vida Glow is tasty and so easy to take. Would highly recommend.

I really want to try collagen as I’m
Hearing a lot about it. But unsure were to start from

Hope no side effects or long term effect in the system?

I take Reverse life collagen and love it. I think it really helps

1 Like

I would love to know this also! I bought some collagen powder but haven’t taken it yet as I don’t know if it’s going to work or not!

1 Like