Collagen

Has anyone got any collagen recommendations that they love/swear by?

Preference for a powder version as like the thought of adding to smoothies and juices etc? It feels a very saturated market, for the right reasons, but then an overwhelming amount to choose from! x

4 Likes

I’ve been taking the Dose & Co collagen for a while now and can definitely recommend! I see a real difference in my nails and hair and how much stronger they are

1 Like

Kollo is a great one. It’s liquid and you mix into a little water. Tastes like mango! X

1 Like

The scientific evidence for collagen appears to be very weak . I’m still to be convinced that it isn’t a waste of money

2 Likes

I am a huge fan of Vida Glow!! I have noticed the BIGGEST difference in the strength of my nails!! I’ve tried a few flavours and also love the original in my coffee

1 Like

I love Vida Glow! My hair has never been so thick, and the nail growth in borderline annoying! I’ve tried a few and it’s by far the best tasting. I add the unflavoured to smoothies and coffee (it’s heat stable) and I love the fruit flavoured powders in just water. Highly recommend!

1 Like

Hi Caroline, the scientific evidence for collagen supplementation is actually quite compelling, especially when it comes to beauty benefits like enhancing skin hydration and elasticity and reducing fine lines.
A recently published systematic review has looked at all the available high quality evidence for collagen supplementation for skin anti-ageing benefits.
You can see it here if you’re interested :smiling_face:

There is a lot of misinformation out there and the research is rapidly growing and evolving.

3 Likes

The problem Lauren is that for every piece of purported evidence pro collagen supplements there are at least 5 against. Each to her own of course !

Zooki has an amazing collagen. Tastes good too. I would definitely recommend :+1:t3:

1 Like

If taking collagen supplements doesn’t suit you, I am a HUGE advocate for microneedling facials - specifically, anyone who offers SkinPen. After just 1 facial, your skin naturally produces the same amount of collagen that is lost over a year. Just something to consider x

1 Like

I totally agree Kitty . I have seen great results on my (elderly!) skin from microneedling

This is good to know! I will look around my local area in Leeds/York in the new year and do some research! X

I recommend Willpowders collagen. Way more benefits than skin. Davinia Taylor is the brand founder and her book it’s not a diet is great. She is a bit extreme with some of the things she has adopted but still a lot of good stuff in the book and lots to learn about how to improve your health and wellbeing :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Kiki organics is the one I use. Great brand - all about natural solutions without all the bulking agents others use. As for the science - I’m interested in whether it is a waste of money or not. I’d love to save myself the pennies!!

1 Like

I just started Osloskinlab one … no flavour so ideal to add to a drink during the day or first thing in the morning.

1 Like

I can recommend the Beauty Pie Collagen powder. I have seen a difference in my hair and nails. My skin also feels more supple. After doing lots of research it appears to have all the ingredients required to make a good collagen supplement. It also tastes ok on its own. I combine mine with their super greens powder, this is great for energy and gut health.

1 Like

I use a Grass Fed Swiss Bovine Collagen powder by Willpowder.
It is completely tasteless so can be drank with just water. I add it into my morning green juice.

1 Like