Cornwall Recommendations

I’m heading down to Port Isaac in Cornwall for the bank holiday weekend and wondered if anyone had any nice recommendations of things to do/places to go? Happy to drive around Cornwall if there’s any good places nearby! x

2 Likes

Outlaw’s Fish Kitchen is a must! Cliffside Gallery is also lovely and worth a vist too x

1 Like

We hired a sauna by the sea! We were SO lucky with the weather but we loved it - fab views. Perfect if you like a dip too! Looks like one isn’t too far from you x

2 Likes

Amazing thankyou will try and book!! xx

I love Port Isaac. So beautiful down there! Watergate Bay has a beautiful beach and a great restaurant overlooking the beach. Emily Scott’s restaurant also a must if you’re down there. And it’s not far to Padstow too. Rick Stein is there but you’ll need to book…

The Pig at Harlyn Bay is absolutely stunning - great food and atmos. I also highly recommend the Cornish Arms (Rich Stein’s gastropub) and Cafe Rojano in Padstow Harbour - think you’ll need to book the latter in advance x

Thankyou so much such good recommendations can’t wait!! Fingers crossed for a sunny weekend! xx

What a lovely plan for the Bank Hol! If you’re driving further north, then Electric Bakery is a real gem!

Port Isaac is one of my favourite places! It’s such a lovely village to wander round. Chapel Cafe is a cute spot for tea and cake or a sandwich
Tintagel is fairly close and nice for a walk
If you have time I’d really recommended driving (or driving part the way and walking the rest) to The Hidden Hut https://www.hiddenhut.co.uk/ which is heaven
Slightly closer is Captain Hanks in Fowey which does the best takeaway crab sandwiches Captain Hank's (@captain_hanks_fowey) • Instagram photos and videos
Also in Fowey I enjoyed Sam’s Diner (they have a few in Cornwall) for super relaxed dining but yummy seafood https://samscornwall.co.uk/

Nathan Outlaw’s Fish Kitchen and New Road are both brilliant. Some of the best and freshest seafood eaten. Pilchards at Port Gaverne is around the corner and also very good, and so it Prawn on the Lawn in Padstow. Cornwall is one of my fav places.

1 Like

ohh lovely thankyou all these are such good recs thankyou so much really appreciate it!

Paul Ainsworth’s restaurants in Padstow are SO GOOD. Check out Paul Ainsworth at number 6 if you want to splash out on a treat. Otherwise, take the ferry / drive to Rock to visit The Mariners. Need to book all in advance though!