Curly hair product help

Can anyone suggest some good brands/product lines to help smooth and de frizz my long curly hair?! Have tried Boucleme/Cantu/Curly Ellie etc but am at a loss as to where to turn next.

2 Likes

I love the combination of the Ouai Anti Frizz Creme and the Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil it keeps my hair moisturised and reduces frizz x

1 Like

For shampoo and conditioner I love the Kerastase range, leaves the curls shiny and moistrized without frizz.

Would defintiely recommend using an oil and curl creme to avoid frizz, I love this WOW prod, and this curl creme, also really loving the JVN airdy cream

I also recommend checking out the bowl method for washing your hair, it does wonders to the texture of your curls :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I feel your pain! I get on really well with DryBar’s Liquid Glass Miracle Smoothing Sealant - it’s essentially a spray that you mist over damp hair before blow drying. It coats each strand with an invisible shield to prevent frizz, and it’s one of the very few products that I’ve found makes a noticeable difference.

Also, cannot recommend rough drying with fingers enough! I find that if my hair is damp, not sopping wet, I get much smoother results when I then go in with a roll brush. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Kerastase range is fantastic, really gives your hair shine & control ,it’s worth every penny in my opinion. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

I highly recommend Only Curls hair products. The curl hydrating cream and microfibre towel is a game changer. I also love the mega hold gel. Helps to define curls and keeps them looking good for few days without the need for washing again. Their customer service is second to none and they will answer all your curly hair questions.

3 Likes

Agreed, I have the towel too, and it makes such a difference! And their hair turban!

1 Like

Really recommend Sezane hair treatment. It made wonders to my frizzy curly long hair! I get it done every 6 months. Reduces frizz, makes hair manageable. Can walk in the rain too! Wouldn’t be able to live without it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I love Philip Kingsley Elasticizer as a pre-shampoo treatment, and then moroccanoil…

1 Like

I’ve never heard of sezanne what is it?

Sorry - I meant Cezanne hair treatment. Only a couple of salons in the UK provide this treatment. According to them, it doesn’t include any chemicals, etc. There is plenty of information on Google. I have mine done at JoBlu’s in Chiswick.

1 Like

The best products I have found that give curls definition but not crispy texture are:

Ouai curl creams
Jvn air dry spray
Oway curl priming creme. - this one smells particularly amazing.

2 Likes

I have been using curlsmith products for around 18months now. My favourite products are the conditioning co wash, detox shampoo and bond curl rehab salve- which is a pre wash treatment. My hair is highlighted and the blonde can be very dry but with regular use of these products I have noticed it is in better condition and friends have commented too.

1 Like

Curlsmith and the aveda be curly ranges are holy grails for me! Also consider using a specific brush for curls to brush when wet/ to use with products as I get much smoother and frizz free curls Define EdgeLift Brush (a game changer for smoother curls)

1 Like

I am not sure you can get them in UK but there is a female owned US company called EcoSlay. Their products are AMAZING and so clean they need to be refrigerated for long term. They are OK out of fridge for a month.

1 Like

I’ve found the Garnier hair honey good on my hair

1 Like

I add in the OGX Renewing + Argan Oil of Morocco Penetrating Oil into my hair when it is soaking wet from the shower and it holds my curls so well!

1 Like