Dark spots on my face

Hi everyone, as i am getting older I have been noticing dark spots on my face, i was wondering if anyone knows of a product that would help me with this

2 Likes

I found that Lancome Renergie Peptide Cream helped me with this problem but a cheaper alternative I would have to say revolution dark spots serum

I absolutely swear by Paula’s Choice BHA tonic for dark spots & and imperfections - Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant | Paula's Choice

I recommend the Ren AHA tonic REN Clean Skincare Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic 250ml | Cult Beauty

but generally vitamin C will also help with this :slight_smile:

Hopefully youre already using spf50 everyday, regardless of weather?:blush: la roche posay melaB range, Vichy have high potency serum. Take care not to mix too many actives and read instructions for application/frequency/tine of day

Love a vitamin C serum for this, it’s really helped me in the past, can’t find the exact one but this is similar: https://theordinary.com/en-gb/ascorbyl-glucoside-solution-12-vitamin-c-100405.html?dwvar_100405_size=30ml&quantity=1&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw_LOwBhBFEiwAmSEQAe04YDKKxrq_13HZMOZICP0kTl1M6hnu6jNj4ra7tVCUVvQNBf1YYBoCbKcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have just a few sun spots on my face. I have used 3 bottles of The Body Shop Vitamin C Serum, but unfortunately the darkest, stubborn spot near my right eye has still not faded.
I have been trialling NIVEA Cellular LUMINOUS630 Anti-Age & Dark-Spot Serum from last month, so when I finish, I will definitely inform you of the result. Hopefully, it will work.
I also apply factor 50 sunscreen every time before going out to prevent any further sun spots appearing.

Vit c is generally for brightening? Niacinamide/B vit i think are for pigmentation. How often do you reapply your suncreen during the day? Generally, city living, try topping up on the area of concern made on your lunch break? You may also want to research Vitamin A or low % retinal for stubborn pigmentation in very visible areas.
Looking forward to reading your review.

1 Like

I can personally recommend La Roche-Posay products. They have a serum specifically to help with pigmentation, Mela B3 Serum and their Anthelios UVMune 400 SPF50 helps prevent further marks appearing

1 Like

Thank you for your advise Pocket Minx.
The Body Shop Vitamin C Glow Revealing Serum contains Bakuchiol too, which is a plant based version of Retinol. It states on the bottle that it, “Helps reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone” and whilst I was at The Body Shop, a staff member said it reduced her mother’s facial sun spots, so I gave it a try.
Bought a bottle for my Auntie too and she said it definitely did something!
I am usually not out and about for a long time, so do not reapply my sunscreen over here, but if I am on holiday, then I definitely do.

1 Like

Ahhh thankyou, i dont know that range. Ingredients change , so much to learn :smiling_face:

I bought bodyshop skin defence spf50+++ it really helped with a large thumb print size pigmentation on my forehead.

1 Like

That is great Pocket Minx! I use that too.

Hi I recommend trying the garnier charcoal face mask