Decluttering tips - furniture and kitchen ware sale options

We are looking to remove the detritus of over 20 years of living in the same family home now kids are beginning to leave on a more permanent basis. Due to two busy careers we have allowed our house to fill and now would like to see some clear space. I have lots of good info about clothes recycling - either sales or donations but am struggling with furniture such as desks and chairs which are potentially of some value. Red Cross collect for charity donations but what are your best suggestions on furniture sale options and maybe decent crockery/cookware sales too please?

1 Like

I’ve heard of Vinterior but never used it. I believe it’s an online site where you can buy and sell your used furniture. I hope it’s the sort of thing you are looking for x

Thanks I will check it out

Probably quite an obvious one but Facebook marketplace is supposed to be great for that! And then Gumtree etc… otherwise a car boot sale could be a good way to get rid of lots in one go?

1 Like

I’ve sold furniture on both Facebook marketplace and the app NextDoor which I found easy and most importantly for me, a quick process, as once I’d decided I was ready to part with the items I couldn’t wait to get them out of the house!

1 Like