Designer clothes on a budget?

How should I buy designer clothes?

What is best to buy first?
Should I save up for a designer handbag, sunglasses, trousers, …?

Anyone recommendations and tips?

Thanks!

1 Like

I would personally save for an investment bag first. I would put a lot of consideration into the right style for you, then once you have the piece in mind I would really recommend looking at second hand options like Vestiaire Collective, on the site you can set alerts for specific bags. Or, I would get in touch with stores like Sign of the Times in Chelsea to see if they have the bag you love in stock!

For bags pre loved (like Sign Of The Times and The Luxury Closet) are a great place to start. And designer bags can be transformative. But when it comes to clothes, you often can’t tell the difference unless you’re wearing/ buying really distinctive/ logo pieces. Personally, I’m a fan of brands like LouLou Studio. It offers a more affordable take on luxury. The cuts, styles and quality are beyond those you’d find on the high street, but you’re not paying those eye-watering prices. Also, if you’re splashing out on one thing, I’d start with a really great blazer.

To start sunglasses are always a good investment. As they have a lower price point it’s an easy way to introduce designer labels into your wardrobe. I would suggest saving for a timeless bag from a classic brand to elevate any look. When it comes to clothes look on the Outlet for key brands at discounted prices. They have some really great pieces.

https://www.theoutnet.com/en-gb/shop/