Dinner party starter

Looking for inspiration for a dinner party starter, 4 people in total (2 couples). Thinking Ottolenghi’s chicken marbella for main and greek yoghurt & honey cheesecake for dessert. Any ideas?! Thanks

1 Like

A fresh, herby tomato salad with a burratta would be a lovely (& easy) sharing starter. Serve with a ciabatta or sourdough

Waitrose have a recipe here: https://www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/b/burrata-with-tomatooreganosalad.html or there is one on Delicious with a basil oil Tomato and burrata salad with basil oil recipe | delicious. magazine

x

1 Like

I agree! Burrata is always a winner - otherwise I love a goat’s cheese tart or an antipasti sharing plate is a great shout.

Ohh those all sound delicious! Something cauliflower based would be good too? Perhaps a whole roasted cauliflower with tahini and pomegranate - I’ve tried this BBC food recipe which is really yummy and looks great on the table

1 Like

Make the most of asparagus season! I think this recipe looks amazing, and could easily be adapted to make four starter-sized dishes:

1 Like

So helpful and such great options! Thank you!

Crab, avo, coriander, chilli, lime mixed together with two long Riveta thins on the side :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

The Ottolenghi Grilled Beef Tomatoes with chili, garlic and ginger was a winner and easy to make plus I added torn burrata or mozza on top which was delicious.
Or an easy bruscetta (small chopped cherry tomatoes, red onion, garlic and basil with olive oil and balsamic vinegar like this recipe: Tomato bruschetta recipe | BBC Good Food) is a classic, served on lightly grilled ciabatta.
Baked camembert with added rosemary and garlic also super easy although perhaps more wintery.