DIY bridal make up product recs

I’m going to be doing my own bridal wedding make up. I want to look natural but slightly elevated. Any product recommendations that would be good for photos and lasting all day?

1 Like

Firstly, congratulations! For staying power, bookending your make-up routine with primer and setting spray will help everything stay locked in place. Charlotte Tilbury’s Airbrush Flawless is my go-to, the Vieve Invisiveil is also really nice. If you’re having flash photography, you might want to skip the SPF in your foundation as that can cause an unflattering white cast to show up as it’ll reflect the flash. MUAs tend to recommend applying a clear SPF underneath instead. For a base, Armani’s Luminous Silk is a solid choice - and doesn’t contain SPF. I think in terms of product recommendations, it really depends on your skin type / preferences. For your own wedding I can imagine you want to look like the best version of yourself, so definitely road-test different shades / textures to see what works for you. But also don’t feel like you need to buy everything from scratch - if you have a favourite lipstick that you wear all the time, don’t feel like you can’t wear it because your wedding is a ‘special occasion’. You know your own face and what looks good on it. Side note: tubing mascara will stay put in case of tears and smudging and good to have a powder compact on hand / blotting papers and your lipstick for touch-ups. Hope you have a fab day x

Definitely agree with Armani Luminous Silk recommendation! It was my foundation of choice for my wedding day and it was so easy to work with! ( I did my makeup myself too :slight_smile: ) It looks really nice on photos and has really good coverage without feeling too heavy on the skin x

1 Like

Congratulations! I also did my makeup for my wedding and I found Estee Lauder double wear foundation worked really well for me - I also used an EL primer, plus by Terry tinted setting powder (the white powder can sometimes be seen with flash photography) and by Terry spray setting spray to lock it all in and didn’t really budge all day!