Dubrovnik Recs

Hi, off to Dubrovnik in the summer and looking for recommendations from restaurants to things to do! Thank you xx

1 Like

Hi, I’ve been to Dubrovnik twice and I’d really recommend these restaurants:

Gradska kavana Arsenal Restaurant - ask for a table out at the front by the water. Great seafood, wine list, views and service. We loved it so much we went back for breakfast (twice), it’s so peaceful by the water

Above 5 rooftop restaurant - a family run restaurant with a rooftop that overlooks the Old town. Amazing food and a perfect place for sunset dinner and drinks. It doesn’t have many seats which adds to the charm… so do book ahead

Buza bar - casual sunset drinks on the cliff edge/ sea views

Definitely walk the walls of the Old Town if it’s your first time there

Chill out on the beach, although small the waters are crystal clear

We also went jet skiing for the first time here and with this we were able to see the walls of the Old Town from the ocean - a real scenic route from the ocean.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Definitely get a boat to Kolocep (a small, beautiful islet) for a day of exploring or a sunset dinner!

1 Like

I did a vineyard tour when I went and it was absolutely lovely

Marco Polo has stunning food too, I went in 2021 and still think of the meal I had there - https://marcopolo-dubrovnik.com/

You are going to have an amazing time! I have so so many reccomendations.

Things to do

Lokrum Island - This is an old monastery island, just off the coast, you can see it from Dubrovnik’s main port! There are wild peacocks, amazing nature and architecture. There is a lagoon, that is wonderful for swimming in, as well as some beaches. We spent a whole day here and loved it.

Walking tour - There are plenty to pick from, but we did the history one, Dubrovnik has such a unique and interesting history. I’d really recommend this, we learnt so much about the country, and hearing about the city’s architecture was genuinely fascinating.

Buza bar - This is quite literally a whole in the wall. Alongside the wall facing out to the sea, there is buza bar. We got there a little bit before sunset to watch the sun going down over the sea, with a beer in hand. It was so dreamy. Lower down, if you are brave enough, you can jump off the rocks into the sea.

Restaurants

Dubravka 1836 - for views overlooking the gate and delicious seafood.

Restaurant & Bar Rudjer - For beautiful, alfresco dining and a delicious meal - more expensive though

I also did the boat trip that Sherri suggested, it was my favourite day!! 100% do if you can!